Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Nolan- Boutique NYC- hidden gem

A Shopahillic finds Soho to be her therapeutic refuge.  When the stress and nerves get too intense, there's nothing like a Sunday stroll to set the world back on track.

This past Sunday, I went in search of greatness.  I walked through expensive boutiques with lackluster merchandise, bargain shops with the same old same old, and after much diligence, when I thought all was overpriced or lost, I ventured into NOLAN, on Prince St btwn Bowery and Elizabeth (NYC).



This cute boutique is NOT cheesy at all.  It has chic designs with a twist, in limited runs, by up and coming designers.  I smiled involuntarily as I studied the clever seam placements on a knit dress.  I tried on a supple knit cardigan-sweater hybrid that was extremely flattering.  I also was really into their bracelet selection.  Just goth enough, good quality beads, interesting marbled colors, and a very fair price.

The staff was friendly and chill, not pushy or obnoxious in any way.  The shopping bag has a ziplock closure- what a sleek space saver! 

This store does not have a website, but if you don't take my word for it, check out what Yelpers have to say!




No comments:

Post a Comment