Friday, December 7, 2012

Watch Out! Damarys Galeano's vintage watch jewelry is a hot find!

Looking for a unique gift for watch lovers? Damarys Galeano has a booth at the Union Square Holiday Market where she sells jewelry made from vintage watch parts.  The inner workings of a defunct watch never looked so good.

Each piece is one of a kind. The coolest part is that vintage watches have tiny jewels in them because back in the old days, the watches did not run on batteries, which caused them to overheat. The jewels act as a cooling system.

Anyway, I love my adjustable watch ring. The cufflinks are also a sweet find!



4 comments:

  1. I bought one of these rings and then saw the same products in two other different places in NYC. It makes me think that although these look "unique" they are made somewhere else abroad and just sold here. Swindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is that she only put together pieces that she buys at stores in the Fashion district,she doesn't "make" the pieces,she just put them together,the materials are cheap (and that's why her jewelry is so affordable) and it's also true that the style is not unique.

      Delete
  2. That's disappointing to hear, but I guess not so surprising. Have you seen anything fabulous lately you would like to share?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a necklace from someone who said he made it himself. The card I received indicating it was a one of a kind item has the name Damarys Galeano on it but as I now can see, this does seem to be a one person or one site operation. The item is attractive but I am disappointed that I was mislead.

    ReplyDelete