Saturday, December 31, 2011

Daphne Guinness- FIT Exhibit- Fashion Icon Alert

I have been longing to see the Daphne Guinness exhibit at FIT.  For months I have wistfully walked past the closed museum, hoping for the precious day when I would be free during museum hours.

I left work before 5 today, and finally got to cross the threshold to greatness: the free Daphne Guinness fashion exhibit at FIT. 

Daphne Guinness is a fearless fashion icon who believes in amassing quality garments that are beautiful and speak to her artistically.  Her style is bold, strong, and unique.  The exhibit is sleekly decorated with mirrored compartments and gauze curtains dividing the different themed sections.

My favorite section was "Armor."  Daphne shows how a woman can be strong and sultry at the same time.  Check out some images below of my favorite pieces, as well as some pics from a tumbler account dedicated to Daphne: http://daphneguinness.tumblr.com/










No comments:

Post a Comment