Friday, June 29, 2012

Brooklyn Boutiques! Bedford Binge. I loves me some retail therapy

After a long and grueling work week, nothing lifts my spirits more than a lovely shopping jaunt.  I haven't shopped Williamsburg, BK in a while, so I decided to revisit some of my favorite boutiques.
I hopped on the Brooklyn bound L train and got off at the first stop over the Manhattan/Brooklyn border: Bedford Ave. This street is an artistic central: full of young hipsters and fancy up and comers.  Bedford Ave is jam packed with restaurants and shops galore.


And so much character! 


Here is my shopping binge. Enjoy!

1. I do not have the certain panache to pull off vintage duds. Hats off to those Brooklynites who can wear a 1970's faded out shirt and look chic.  However, if you are into vintage, you must check out Amarcord.  They have a range of inspirational pieces from vintage fashion houses.  The store owners shop for their garments in Italy.




2. Brooklyn Charm is addictive and I want everything in there. It is a create your own charm bracelet/ necklace, whoosewhatsit store, where you can spend HOURS looking at chains, quirky charms, and more.  Then, when you have finally selected your pieces, you can pay to have them assembled or you can buy tools to DIY.  They also offer on-the-spot engraving. Perfect for a customized locket/ trinket.

I was especially excited to overhear the shop workers talking about Legends of the Hidden Temple, the Nickelodeon 90's game show that seems to have touched all of our hearts. Purple Parrots, Blue Barracudas, and trying to put together that 3 piece monkey puzzle. Classic.

charms of the 50 states in their proper places           

3. I love pretty prints.  If you are like me, you will love PEMA New York. They have a large variety of lightweight fabrics in fun prints in dresses, tops, skirts and blouses.   They also have some great inexpensive jewery. Oh, did I mention dresses are only $50? Well worth the trip!  The dresses were so popular, I couldn't even get a dressing room to try them on! Hope they fit!



 4. PEACHFROG A Williamsburg newcomer that boasts perma-sale prices. Well I was able to pick up some sweet oversized fashion tops for a steal.  They sell commissioned work from local designers, and offer a range of styles to suit anyone's fancy. Def. worth a look! Also, the staff is friendly, and the beats they play are super fun.




5. ID:  Yowza- the ultimate "If I was a guy, I'd shop here" store. They carry Scotch & Soda denim as well as WESC and an array of unique denim brands. Droolworthy men's washes folks. Also, the have some of the finest tops, most interesting shorts, and some sweet textured trousers.  Take your BF shopping, ladies!





Super cute women's clothing and accessories store.  They had so many cute dresses, tops and tees, it was hard to exercise enough will power to leave empty handed! In the past, I got a ring there with a picture of a squirrel on it.  They also sell highlighter lighters. Pretty out there. And plenty of NEON backpacks! Yeah buddy!

Where you can buy/sell/ trade clothes! What a treasure hunt: a warehouse sized vintage shop, in which the clothing racks are organized by color. Set aside a few hours to really scour this place and you will be AMAZED at what you find!


Well, I hope I have whet your appetite. Go out there and SHOP!



No comments:

Post a Comment