Tuesday, May 31, 2011

CLEAN OUT THAT CLOSET- FOR A GOOD CAUSE!

My apartment is covered in shopping bags filled with things that I cannot fit into the tiny closets of my studio apartment.  Luckily, my awesome SU fellow alumni sent me an e-mail today that will solve all of my problems (well not ALL of them)...
She works for an organization called the Bottomless Closet.  The BC collects donations of gently worn professional work clothing, handbags and shoes for women.  They transform their offices into a fabulous store-like setting.  Women that are trying to get their lives back on track and get back into the workforce come to their offices.  Each woman is paired up with a shopping consultant who helps them choose appropriate and stylish interview outfits that they could not otherwise afford.  Donations can be made at any time, but if you are itchin' to get involved ASAP, they are having an event JUNE 9 from 6:30- 9:30 pm at THE PARK on 10th ave at 18th st!   Check it out!  Believe it or not, donating  can make you feel just as good as shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment