Thursday, May 5, 2011

Normal Gets You Nowhere, and YES, I BUY BOOKS!

There's something about holding a tangible book and turning the pages that I find satisfying.  The sense of accomplishment that I get from seeing the pages that I have already read is invaluable.  Ok, maybe I'm not that psychotic, but I still enjoy purchasing hard copies, and  I have not gone "e-reader" yet.

Anyway, Kelly Cutrone, Syracuse native and "tell it like it is" PR maven has written a second book.  What, you didn't know she wrote the first?  You don't know who she is? That's okay... sort of :)  Basically, she is the woman on MTV's "The Hills/ The City" who wears no make-up and dresses all in black and looks like a sleep deprived zombie, but does one hell of a job helping young aspiring creatives get their names out to the public.

She also writes amazing books that will kick your ass into gear. Her first book "If You Have to Cry, Go Outside" is a 20-something's survival guide to succeeding at work while staying true to oneself.  Her second book, "Normal Gets You Nowhere" challenges us to appreciate our inner freaks and question what society tells us is true.  I take it all with a grain of salt, since Kelly does work for the media, but girlfriend has some sassy, no-holds-barred advice to share, and I for one am all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment