Saturday, September 10, 2011
Fashion Week: No ticket? No problem!
Hey fashion junkies. I'm here to tell you how to get your fix for free. FNO kicked off NY fashion week. If you are like me and don't have access to the shows, there are some great ways to follow the action from afar:
1. Hang out by Lincoln Center. This is the new home of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. People watch. There will be some fashionable folks milling about. Last year, I saw a guerilla fashion show staged outside with people scantily clad in neon distressed superhero 60's ensembles. I also saw many chic fashionistas in fabulous hair and make up and killer shoes.
2. Grab your daily AM New York and Metro newspapers. Free reviews and pics from the shows!
3. Read bloggers such as The Man Repeller, who attend the shows and give their firsthand accounts.
4. Style.com it. Here, you can view photos of every outfit from every show, and even get a sneak peak into the parties after.
5. Volunteer. Too bad I didn't think of this in advance!
If you do have the bucks, and an AMEX card, you can buy a ticket for $150 to the cardmembers only show. AMEX teams up with a different designer/ group of designers each season. This time, it is the Resort collection by DKNY on 9/15/11. Buy tickets online. It includes free drinks. Last fashion week, I saw a CFDA Vogue fashion fund sponsored show and Anna Wintour was there... wearing sunglasses... in the dark.
No matter what you do or where you go, you are bound to see some fashionable people this week! Strike a Pose!