Thursday, September 29, 2011

Shampoo Avenue B: Get your Hair Done!



I went to Shampoo Avenue B hair salon last night to get a brazilian blowout.  This a keratin treatment that straightens your hair while adding shine and strength.  It last for 3-4 months and actually makes your hair look healthier instead of burning it to a crisp.

 I found a deal for this treatment on Lifebooker.com.  Usually, Shampoo charges $300 bucks, but the deal was for $150ish.  I had to wait a month for an appointment since tons of girls bought the deal as well. Let me tell ya, it was worth the wait!

The staff was organized, professional and efficient.  The hairdressers are young individuals with their own personal style and charisma.  While they washed my hair, I got to check out their awesome mural.  The product they used did not reek of chemicals, I did not get burned, and I was offered fashion magazines and a beverage of my choice to pass the time.  The whole appointment only took an hour and a half.

This self-proclaimed hidden gem is quite the hot spot!  Last night, MTV was filming a haircut for a new reality show called "The Break," a show about giving homeless people a chance/ fresh start. I was in the background of some of the shots, so I had to sign a waiver. Hey, if I'm gonna be on tv (come January), at least my hair will look fabulous.  I highly recommend this salon for a stress-free experience with frizz-free results!  I will definitely be going back!


No comments:

Post a Comment