Sunday, October 23, 2011

Doggie Style: I make clothing for dogs! Check out Teddy's hoodie!

My friend Danielle has the cutest dog ever!  He is a Cavapoo (cavalier poodle mix) named Teddy.   I love Teddy so much.  He puts a smile on the face of everyone he meets with his cuddly fur and friendly personality.   

Teddy has a grey hoodie that he wears in the winter to puppy play group.   One night, Danielle was mentioning how the other dogs have custom made clothing, but it is cheesy and pricey.  I told Danielle I could custom make him another hoodie.  We discussed color scheme, I bought the materials, and commenced the project in my new apartment, which has great workspace.  

This was my first dog clothing attempt.  Although I had approximate measurements to go off of, I was not used to the dog silhouette.  I originally made the hem of the hoodie even in the front and back as if for a little boy.  I also made the sleeves too long and too tight.  Poor Teddy was such a good sport modeling it, and it was such a great photo op!







After this "fitting," I revamped the fit by opening up the sleeves, lengthening the back, and giving the hoodie a looser, poncho fit.  The final result is pure Doggie Style.  Check the man out:




If you like what you see, contact me with your dog's measurements and let's do business!

1 comment: