Saturday, October 15, 2011

Grand Central Market- Butchers, Bakers, CHEESE MAKERS!

Last night, I wandered into the Grand Central Market, at grand central station, expecting to see a few gourmet food gift packages.







 Well, I was blown away by the fresh wafting odors of an entire counter of fresh fish!  


I looked to my left, and the ripest vegetables were on display in bright hues of green, red and gold by Greenwich Produce.  I kept walking to find the Ceriello Fine Foods butcher counter displaying at least 40 types of meat (steak, veal, chicken) in various states of preparedness (marinades, seasonings or naked).












Then, I hit the motherload: Murray's Cheese counter.  This NYC institution has been offering the finest cheeses for 63 years.  Rare, one of my favorite NYC burger restaurants, proudly serves Murray's Cheeses (boasted about on their menu).  I bought a creamy French cheese so delicious, I will never go back to Brie again.







I realized that from chocolate bars made in brooklyn to a Wild Edibles counter of fresh fish that the Grand Central Market is a collection of outposts of the city's finest food providers all under one roof.  Instead of scouring the city for the best cheeses and meats, you can find them all in one place.




Ladies and Gentlemen, I was so floored, that I bought a filet and read my "How to Boil Water, life beyond takeout" book and actually BROILED MYSELF SOME DINNER.  This was the first time I used my oven without adult supervision!  I'm 27!

And there you have it: fabulous restaurant-quality filet for a fraction of restaurant prices.













YOU MUST SEE THIS MARKET. 
BUY FOOD HERE. 
CHAT WITH THE FRIENDLY STAFF. 
ADMIRE THE GORGEOUS CHANDELIER. 
YOU'RE WELCOME.



No comments:

Post a Comment