Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Singing in my Birdbath

Is it just me, or are musicals back in a big way?  I just saw Disney's Newsies the Musical at the Papermill Playhouse in Millburn, NJ.  Without music, this is the story of downtrodden child workers fighting for rights to be treated fairly.  With music, these rag tag newsies spring to life, engaging the audience in their strife and troubles with an uplifting spring in their step!  I wish I could see this play again, but its short stint at the mill has run its course.






Fortunately, art inspires life, and the uplifting power of music can be found almost anywhere. Whether you are strutting down the sidewalk to the beat of your Ipod, tapping your toes to the song of a street performer, belting out a ditty to the car radio, performing in front of the tv while watching Fox's Glee, or my fave: singing in the shower, music can transform the mundane into the magical.

But don't just take my word for it:

1 comment: