Saturday, October 1, 2011

T.G.I.F- Friday afternoon Splurge- BCBG

Friday afternoon finally rolls around.  Most people are hitting the bar for drinks.  Not this Shopahillic.  Decided to stroll through the UWS to get to know my new 'hood.  I was walking up Broadway in the '70's and saw a window filled with gorgeous dresses. It was a BCBG store.



Now here's where I feel special: I walked in at 5 of 8pm and told the staff that I needed a dress for a wedding next weekend. They not only stayed OPEN for ME, but they helped me shop! I described what I was looking for, and the staff not only knew their stock, but they spoke fashion.  I was guided to choose a dress with a PEPLUM because it flatters the figure.



The manager owns this dress so she told me how she accessorizes it up or down to go with different occasions.  For a night out, she recommended a statement necklace and some strappy heels. The gals showed me several "centerpiece" necklace options. I chose a gorgeous collage of large clear stones with a gold chain.



Now, I KNOW what you are thinking: BCBG 'aint cheap, girlfriend! That staff was nice to you because you were dropping some serious cash.  And to you I say, yes that may have helped, but this store is committed to their customers and selling them the "right" items, not just making a sale.  Oh, and did I mention the whole transaction took place in 15 minutes? Yeah. That good.

I will definitely be going back! And at that wedding next week, I am going to feel and look like a million bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment